Friday, February 21, 2014

Pagan Blog Project – week 8 - D#2 – Dead Can Dance



Pagan Blog Project – week 8 - D#2 – Dead Can Dance

Dead Can Dance is an “English-Australian neoclassical dark wave band” that has been around since 1981. Drawing influences from all of the world and throughout history, this band can be great for ritual or devotional practices.

I was first introduced to this band in high school and I’ve been a fan ever since. Lisa Gerrard’s vocals are hard to forget, and Brendan Perry has his moments as well. Currently they have about eight studio albums and a few live albums and other projects. My favorite album of theirs is Into the Labyrinth, which contains some heavy Dionysus and Ariadne content.

There’s a lot more I can ramble on, but I’ll just let the music speak for itself. 

  

2 comments:

  1. An enduringly great band. I only wish I'd gotten to see them in person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right! they came through town a few years ago and I didn't have the time/money to see them. Now I really regret it!

      (thanks for the comment, Jan! <3 glad to see that someone has a good taste in music! ^_-)

      Delete