Monday, January 12, 2015

"If I had a Heart" by Fever Ray


I'm studying runes right now with my study group (Taking Up The Runes: A Complete Guide To Using Runes In Spells, Rituals, Divination, And Magic), and to get into the official Nordic spirit I've been watching the History Channel's The Vikings.  It's about farmer/explorer Ragnar Lothbrok and his family and clan.  It begins with the raid of Lindisfarne in 793, beginning what is known by some as the Age of the Vikings.

It's a great show, and from what I can tell from my limited knowledge of Scandinavian culture and civilization, pretty accurate.  It's brutal at times, but so were the Northmen.

And this odd, ethereal piece by Swedish pop band Fever Ray makes the perfect song for the opening credits.

This will never end 'cause I want more.
More, give me more, give me more.
This will never end 'cause I want more.
More, give me more, give me more.
If I had a heart I could love you.
If I had a voice I would sing.
After the night when I wake up
I'll see what tomorrow brings.
If I had a voice, I would sing,
Dangling feet from window frame.
Will I ever ever reach the floor?
More, give me more, give me more.
Crushed and filled with all I found,
Underneath and inside,
Just to come around.
More, give me more, give me more.
If I had a voice, I would sing.

1 comment:

  1. I'm here to let the whole world know how i got my husband back through the help of a spell caster called Dr. Ekpen Temple, it all started one morning when my husband and I have an argument and he angrily left and said to me that he is no longer coming back to me, at first i thought it was a normal joke, two weeks passed i did hear from him until it became 1 year i still did not hear from him it was then i started looking for how i can get him back (because i love him so much that i don't want to loss him for someone else) is was then i heard about Dr. Ekpen Temple the spell caster on the internet on how he has help so many people in there are relationship so i contacted him, to cut the long story short my husband came back to me and we celebrate the Christmas and New year together. you can contact Dr. Ekpen Temple on: (((EKPENTEMPLE@gmail. com))) or you can call him on +2347050270218 for help today.

    ReplyDelete