Monday, June 22, 2015

The Pagan Experience: Lucifer Rising



Week 4 - June 22 – Any writing for the letters K or L  "I am keeping this familiar format on week 4 for those who have joined me from the Pagan Blog Project."

So, I came across this very strange video on tumblr.  First, just images and screenshots.   Then I’d come across awesome gifs, then music and sounds, then finally I took time out to watch the whole 30 minute short film.  Lucifer Rising isn’t really about Lucifer.  It might be about an enlightened golden child?  I’m not sure. Either way, I adore everything about it.

















It’s an occulty film full of symbolism and mysticism, long moments and weird images.  It’s hard to explain what’s going on… only that I love it.  I love rock and roll and oculty shit.  The cast and director are whack, and the whole story of this film is fascinating.  There’s a few good articles about it on the internet, and more legend and lore is always revealing itself.

So if you like Jimmy Page, Kenneth Anger, Lilith, Isis, Magicians, Egypt, and the 1970s, check out Lucifer Rising, then report back to me on your thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment